Home Automation Systems – Convenience, Comfort and Value
Home Automation Systems – there is no denying that they offer substantial benefits to home liveability and comfort, particularly in an era where so many of us are overstretched for time. We are all looking for ways to improve our lifestyle and achieve that legendary “work life balance” that is so often discussed.
By automating certain fixtures and appliances in your home, you can preplan your schedule and activities and know that everything at home is running smoothly. After a busy day, you can return to a home with lights on, the perfect temperature, with curtains or blinds drawn and even music playing to set a relaxing atmosphere!
Benefits of Home Automation
By utilising scheduling systems, location tracking and power controls in home automation systems, you tap into many benefits that will improve your lifestyle, such as:
- Added security – automated security lights and alarms will deter intruders. You can also automate your garage door opener and windows to ensure they are always locked securely.
- Energy efficiency – automated climate control means that you can heat/cool areas of your home more efficiently and customise them to the changing seasons. With ducted reverse cycle air conditioning and a system such as MyAir, you will be able to keep energy bills to a minimum, knowing that you are controlling your home’s temperature as efficiently as possible.
- Safety – never fall down a dark staircase or trip over a hose on your lawn at night again. With a home automation system, you can easily turn lights on from your Smartphone and have true control over visibility at all times.
- Value – a professionally installed home automation system can be viewed by many as a high-end improvement to your home. It can add substantially to your home’s value, providing investment benefits too.
- Fun – few people would disagree that sitting on your couch and using an app or a voice command to turn on your TV or close your blinds is fun!
Three Things You Didn’t Know Could Be Automated
Although we are all quite familiar with standard home automation that can be easily achieved through basic devices such as Google and Siri, full home automation offers much more. With a fully integrated system such as MyPlace, you can control features of your home that you may not have thought necessary. Once installed, you will wonder how you ever lived without them!
1. Automate Your Gates with MyPlace
MyPlace Home Automation is a system designed to integrate with add on modules so you can customise and expand your smart home set up as needed.
Imagine arriving home during a winter downpour and knowing that your electric gate will open as soon as it senses you are nearby! There is no need to hop out of the car and be soaked; MyPlace electric gate automation keeps you dry and safe.
The functionality is controlled by the same module that automates your garage door opener and is a simple addition to your existing setup.
2. Smart Home, Smart Blinds
Because Myplace allows you to have smart control over most 240-volt hard-wired devices in your home, you can even use it to open and close motorised blinds.
Create a set and forget schedule that opens your blinds at dawn for a gentle wake up and closes them at dusk to maximise privacy and security.
Or simply use the app to open and close them whenever you would like to control the light and temperature of your home.
3. Smart Outdoor Powerpoint
Clipsal has recently launched a new range of outdoor products for 2022. Aimed to be more aesthetically pleasing and blend seamlessly into your home décor, they can also be added to a home automation system.
The Clipsal Iconic Outdoor range of powerpoints enhances the look of your entertaining outdoor areas. It provides maximum convenience with smart home connectivity.
Used for outdoor appliances, hot water systems, garden lights, fountains, pool pumps and even electric gates, this is modern-day liveability at its best!
The outdoor powerpoints feature an innovation – patented technology – that means the switches are fully weatherproof and have multipurpose cable entry points to avoid water leakage and increase safety.
Aussies love to entertain outdoors, and with automated powerpoints, your guests will enjoy added comfort during their visit.
Power Trip Services – Home Automation System Experts
The Power Trip team works hard to stay abreast of new and evolving technologies so that our client’s homes are fitted with the latest innovations to improve their lifestyle and increase their home’s value. If you would like to explore the benefits of home automation, reach out today, and we can customise it to suit your requirements.
The electrical and air conditioning specialists at Power Trip Services go above and beyond to tackle any complex installation, or electrical issue you throw our way.
We are leaders in our profession in North Brisbane, because we use our resourcefulness and ingenuity to deliver high-quality and affordable solutions every time. Our qualified technicians can even design your ducted air-condition in-house!
Not only do we pride ourselves on quality workmanship, but our outstanding service standards and promise to treat your property with the utmost respect, sets us apart from our competitors.