Want to save up to 46% on your split system running costs?
In this latest blog, Power Trip Services share the findings from a Daikin study comparing an old split system with a new model to prove just how much you can save!
Split System Air Conditioner Running Costs
Air conditioning your home can make up a huge chunk of your yearly energy costs (up to 40%).
But Daikin’s R&D team have run the numbers – comparing the average running costs of one of its old split system models (FTY35F/RY35F) to a current model (FTXM35Q/RXM35Q CORA).
They ran each system for the same amount of time, and what they found was that people who replaced their old system with a current model could save up to 46 per cent on operating expenses.
These massive savings are thanks in part to technology advancements and how they’ve been able to improve energy efficiency. Some features include:
- Standby power function: This function turns the indoor unit to standby mode and switches the outdoor unit’s power supply off when the air conditioner is not in use.
- Inverter technology: This technology allows the desired temperature to be reached faster. It also helps to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Eco mode: If numerous electrical devices are in use at the same time, this mode helps to reduce the air conditioner’s power consumption and consequently decreases the load on the electrical circuit.
- Intelligent Eye: Some models have an infrared sensor that detects human movement. When there has been no activity in the room for more than 20 minutes, the system will automatically switch to energy saving operation.
- Reluctance DC Motor: Powerful neodymium magnets that are 10 times stronger than conventional ferrite magnets are used in the motor, which can boost efficiency.
Learn more about it here.
Split System Cost Comparison: Old vs New
Replacing Split System Air Conditioning
Typically, a reliable split system unit should keep your home or business at a comfortable temperature for around 10-12 years.
4 signs it could be time to replace your split system:
- Uneven heating and cooling
- Excessive Noise
- Expensive Repairs
- Unusually high energy costs
Are you experiencing any of the above issues? Our qualified technicians can diagnose the problem and suggest the best course of action.
Find out more about replacing your air conditioning here.
How to Save 46% On Split System Running Costs
If your split system is on its way out and you’d like to take advantage of reduced operating costs, Power Trip Services can help.
The electrical and air conditioning specialists at Power Trip Services go above and beyond to tackle any complex installation, or electrical issue you throw our way.
We are leaders in our profession in North Brisbane, because we use our resourcefulness and ingenuity to deliver high-quality and affordable solutions every time. Our qualified technicians can even design your ducted air-condition in-house!
Not only do we pride ourselves on quality workmanship, but our outstanding service standards and promise to treat your property with the utmost respect, sets us apart from our competitors.